Intelligent Health is recruiting for an engagement support officer (FT, permanent)
This role sits within Intelligent Health’s Beat the Street project team. Beat the Street is a behaviour change programme delivered in towns and cities across the UK and Europe. Our inclusive fun programme is proven to increase physical activity in people of all ages. We connect participants to the place that they live and their local community which has huge benefits to physical and mental health.
More than one million people have participated in 110+ games across the UK, Europe and America. This role is critical to the success of each Beat the Street project and we need you to join our team and help us to engage and improve the health of thousands more people. Intelligent Health are a small team where each member of staff can have a big impact on the success of the business.
Based in the beautiful surroundings of Reading University Campus, Intelligent Health Ltd is dedicated to improving the health of communities around the world. Founded by a world-renowned GP, we implement a range of community-based interventions in the UK and Europe to get people more active, increase health and wellbeing and facilitate communities having a voice in their local health services. Our key focus is on promoting physical activity through experiential enjoyment of people, place and purpose. Our aim is to create positive changes in thinking and behaviour towards physical activity and thereby decrease common illnesses.
In addition to our Beat the Street projects, we run Social Prescription and Patient Engagement projects, provide consultancy and train GPs. Our business is therefore diversifying into these wider health engagement services.
The Engagement Support Officer is a key role within the Central Engagement Team (CET). This pivotal team ensures that all our Beat the Street projects have enough community & school engagement and that we provide fantastic customer service to create a truly successful and enjoyable programme. The role necessitates good written and verbal communication, record-keeping and a team-player attitude.
The priority for this role will entail answering enquiries by email, telephone and social media and analysing trends across schemes to track and enable engagement to be increased. There may also be a need to assist the Beat the Street game mapping coordinator in our participating towns and cities. This assistance will entail visiting the game area to find suitable trails and locations for our technology to be placed which will inspire players to go for an interesting and fun walk or cycle.
There may also be some work engaging the community and schools via phone and email to encourage their full participation in playing Beat the Street in their town. We want to use inspiring methods to create ownership and creation of teams to take part in the competition. We will also need to provide our location-based card stockists with information to enable them to confidently talk to players about the game.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Telephoning and emailing schools and members of the community to introduce and prompt uptake of the game.
- Engage, provide support to and send information to participating Team Leaders.
- Booking of school assemblies
- Responding to participants by email, telephone and social media
- Create and test ideas to increase engagement across key cohorts.
- Analysis of trends across schemes to track how well a scheme is performing and which interventions work.
- Assist the Mapping Coordinator with desktop and location mapping to ensure that maps are created on time ready to be designed and printed.
- Create fun and innovative ways to increase participation from all aspects of the community.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated team-player.
- Intermediate IT skills.
- Good time-management and organisational skills.
- Experience of dealing with different stakeholders.
- Administration skills – ability to maintain clear records.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Clean Driving Licence
- Experience in engaging people would be advantageous
- Hardworking, trustworthy and reliable.
- Friendly demeanour.
- Polite, respectful telephone manner. Persistence
- Pro-social values, promotes diversity.
- Flexible and adaptive to needs of the business, team and colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain focused.
- Can do attitude
Relationships: Reports to the Project Manager
Supports Central Engagement team, Client Managers, and Local Engagement Coordinators.
Annual leave: 23 days.
Pension: Contributory pension.
REQUIREMENTS: Please submit a cover letter and a CV to email@example.com